The purpose of the Center for Advanced Manufacturing Puget Sound (CAMPS) internships for FIRST Robotics Team Members is to build relationships with local students and educational institutions which encourage higher education and rewarding careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and ultimately, Manufacturing.
CAMPS FIRST Robotics Interns will gain invaluable experiences by exposure to local and global manufacturing companies located in Washington State. During the internship, students will have the opportunity to experience real-world manufacturing systems and technology as well as business processes and production support.
CAMPS FIRST Robotics Interns will spend between 6 and 12 weeks involved in manufacturing technology, production practice and/or professional support. Each Intern will have the opportunity to express their desired career path and interests on their application, allowing the Intern Placement Team to customize the internship experience for maximum engagement. Interns are guaranteed to work side-by-side with experts in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math while being exposed to a diverse set of careers in manufacturing.
CAMPS goal is to maintain positive relationships with each FIRST Robotics Intern by providing support, possible further internships, and potential career placement in the student’s future.
STUDENT APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- CAMPS will send applications to each FIRST Robotics coach to distribute to team members.
- Students will need to fill out the applications and create a resume and submit it to CAMPS (students must CC robotics coach)
- CAMPS staff will review application and resume and distribute to participating companies.
COMPANY APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- CAMPS member companies must submit internship opportunity job description to CAMPS staff. (assistance writing job description is available if needed)
- Student Applications & Resumes will then be sent to each company.
- Companies will contact students directly and notify CAMPS of each hire.
- Students must be a FIRST Robotics Team Member and 16 years of age or older to qualify for a CAMPS Internship.
There are some limitations for those under 18 years of age:
- Students under the age of 18 must have parental approval to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Cannot work more than 40 hours per week.
- Cannot operate heavy equipment
- Cannot work in areas requiring sound protection
- Cannot replace a full time employee position