- This event has passed.
December Round Table – December 14th, 2017
December 14, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Year End Tax Update and Regulatory Changes
Year End Tax Update
Berntson Porter and Clark Nuber will cover critical topics on Year End Tax Update.
- R & D Tax Credit Update
- Manufacturing Exemptions
- Explanation of Section 179
- Update on changes affecting Repair and Maintenance reporting.
- Understanding critical dates and requirements if you qualify.
We will also provide brief updates on several Regulatory Changes. Examples are:
Washington State Healthy Starts Act – Places significant obligations on Washington employers with respect to pregnant employees. The Act, which became effective July 23, 2017, requires Washington employers with 15 or more employees to reasonably accommodate pregnant employees regardless of a disability, provides a list of such accommodations to be considered, and places specific prohibitions upon employers with respect to such accommodations.
- State-Wide Paid Sick Leave – Initiative 1433 also requires employers throughout the state to provide paid sick leave beginning January 1, 2018. Under the new law, an employee accrues one hour of sick leave for every 40 hours worked.
- Impacts of the CAMPS Health Trust – What is in the Federal Executive Order relating to Health Trust Associations
This is a must attend Round Table, as we are seeing many changes passed or possibly in the works that will affect many CAMPS Members.
Feel free to send or bring your Accounting and Human Resource Staff.